Dick Blick

Sunday, August 26, 2007

The meaning of Early Lipman Art


Having been an artist for all of my life and creating art to sell for more than 30 years, I am often seeing people who say: "I have an early Lipman piece of art.".

This makes me smile. For many years, I created art which was part of product line sold to Country Magazine, QVC, hundreds of stores, galleries, numerous mail order catalogs, designers etc throughout the world. This product line evolved from Wood Folk Art (remember the Americana revival of the late '70's) to cut and painted folksy tin, to painted furniture and floorcloths.

The floorcloths have been most of my focus for the last 15 years. In fact, I teach Floorcloth painting at the Sharon Art Center in Sharon, NH. and the Fiber Art Center in Amherst, MA.

No comments: