Dick Blick

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Portuguese Knitting


One would never have believed that Portugese Knitting could be so much fun and so quick: both to learn and to knit.


Friday night, Andrea Wong, who was visiting Harrisville, NH drove to Keene to teach of bunch of fiber enthusiasts this new technique. It was love at first, for all of us.



Andrea, who is dressed in black, is an excellent teacher. Her knitting history is also wonderful. Check her out at www.andreawong.com.


The class was at the LYS, The Knitting Knook, in Keene, NH.

Here are a few photos of our knitting' bunch as we perfect our new methods!


Isn't Jo's shawl lovely. I think it was a gift. Jo is the best beader in Keene! But she needs to be cause she owns Earth Treasures on Main Street - a shop full of beads!

Before I went to this class, I had to finish lesson 2 of dyeing for Quilt U. I am off to finish those samples so I can post them.

No comments: