Dick Blick

Friday, September 19, 2008

Quilt U class

One way I have discovered to make more time for art is to take online classes. Quilt U has a wonderful selection and keeps me going. Here is a beginner dye class with Marjie McWilliams.


The first class was to vat dye 3 fat quarters. But I just can't follow directions! Here is a "vat" dyed pied which came out with lots of texture. It is a really deep "stormy blue" using Procion MX Dyes - what a joke. It is perfect for discharge! Stay tuned.

These are two more pieces which I just overdyed. The first was silkscreened before it was dyed. It too will be discharged, batiked and more. The lower one was dyed orange, discharged and overdyed. It is more more to my liking but it too needs more play.
Just from the first two lessons, where I only learned a thing or two, I created 12 fat quarters of fabric. The class is doing its job - forcing me to get into the studio! Hooray!






No comments: